I received this message back from Flipside about the "chromosomething" game.

E. MacIntyre

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 02:35
Subject: "chromosomething" [Incident:flipside 010215-001737]

 Summary
"chromosomething"

 SUGGESTED SOLUTION
At 02/24/2001 11:34 PM we wrote -

Dear Flipsider,

We want to apologize for the insensitive language and the misdirected humor in the IMGame Chromosomething. This highly popular version of the classic Othello™ game was designed to entertain, not offend our players. This game has been on our site since September without any objection by the flipside community. When the game was first designed there was some debate among flipside developers regarding the language, but the game was tested in the community and no one raised a flag. This does not mean that early decision was correct.

You have articulated a very strong reason to withdraw this game from our site. We will drop the game from the site within 24 hours (by 2-14-01). Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Again, we apologize if you were offended by this game. Our mission is to provide entertainment.

 Description
I recently became aware of a game entitled "Chromosomething" that is
published on your website. I have read only a brief description of the
game however even this short description was disturbing. Of primary
concern is that children not be exposed to it however it is unfathomable
to me that adults should be given an opportunity to take part in this
game either. The description I read of this game suggests that it
promotes behavior and attitudes that have the potential to hurt and
demoralize a great many people who are trying to live with dignity and
respect despite their misfortunes.

I am writing to request that you remove this game from your web site.

E. MacIntyre

 Reference #010215-001737
Contact:
Created:  02/15/2001 11:35 PM
Last Updated:  02/24/2001 11:35 PM
Elapsed Time:  0 Minutes
Login Name:
Browser Version:
OS:

[log in to unmask]&p_next_page=myq_upd.php&p_refno=010215-001737&p_created=982308921">

You may also update this incident by replying to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

Thank you, Scott Flipside Guest Services www.flipside.com