I was asked to give a course to graduate students named "The market and the
State in the History of Economic Thought". It is a semester course and it
will deal with the ideas of Smith, J.S.Mill, Marshall, Keynes and Hayek.

I would like to have suggestions on bibliography:

- books and papers that deal with this relation in the works of these or
related economists in the history of economic thought;

references of primary bibliography where these authors deal directly with
the question of the role of the State in regulating the market.

I also welcome any other suggestion.

Laura Valladao de Mattos
Pontificia Universidade Catolica de Sao Paulo (PUC-SP)