In relation to the ban on smoking, which commenced on the 6.09.01 I agree with you and the other people in this discussion that it has been a long time coming for such an obvious problem. I am a non-smoking but enjoy going to the pub though in recent times I have found the amount of smoke too much!. I believe that it is not fair for non-smokers to be exposed to smoke, especially when one is trying to have a meal. People should not have to be exposed to smokers just because they want to be in public places. I would also hope that this will discourage people from social smoking?