I am afraid there has been a misunderstanding about one word. I was just
talking about the use of one word, "perturbate."

I was not talking about the word perturb, or perturbed, or perturbating, or
perturbs, or perturben, or perturber, or even the latin perturbare (per
[intensive] + turbare [to throw in disorder]). I wasn't talking about second
cousins of the word either. Nor am I interested in the Chinese equivalent of
any form of the word.

I am simply interested in the word "perturbate" as being attributable to
Twain for its first use in print or not. That's all. Those who lack a
capacity of concern in this matter need not reply.

Thanks,
Bob