Date:         Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:04:01 -0500
Sender:       Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From:         [log in to unmask]
Subject:      Re: Ken Burns's Mark Twain
Comments: cc: "Ms. Barbara R Schmidt" <[log in to unmask]>

Many thanks to Hal Bush for sharing his impressions of Burns'
full length documentary scheduled for national broadcast in January.
Another critique of Burns' film which addresses some of its
shortcomings appears online today in the Hannibal Courier
Post in an article written by Forum member Terrell Dempsey.
The article is online at:

http://www.hannibal.net/stories/111501/opi_1115010003.shtml

A related story involving history of slavery in Hannibal is
also online today at:

http://www.msnbc.com/local/WGEM/M115662.asp?cp1=1

Barb