In his review of Steven Medema and Warren Samuels, editors, _Historians of Economics and
Economic Thought: The Construction of Disciplinary Memory_, Roger Frantz writes:

>Most economists turn their attention to the history of economics during a
>later part of their careers.

My experience is that this is what my colleagues believe to be true, but is it actually
true? It seems to me that a lot of our leading lights in HES are older, but they have also
being at for a long time. And the HES meetings seem to have a large number of younger
scholars. Is there any more systematic evidence on this point?

Kevin Hoover