Call for Submissions.

The Archives Association of Ontario is holding it's annual conference on June 10th and 11th, 2003 in Toronto, Ontario at St. Michael's on the University of Toronto campus.  The Programming Committee for the AAO is calling for the submission of papers on the theme of  "Advocacy and Archives". The conference aims to examine the advocacy role of archives and archivists, within our own institutions, and within the cultural spectrum of the world outside our walls. The conference will take place in the two days preceding the ACA conference in Toronto. We are hoping that this unique situation will allow the AAO to take advantage of our visiting colleagues who will be in the area for the national conference to share their experiences with a local audience of archivists and institutional representatives.

Understanding that advocacy is a broad topic, four thematic areas are being suggested:

1) Archival advocacy in terms of legislation
2) Archival advocacy within your own institution
3) Archival advocacy and public programming
4) Perceptions of Archives in Popular Culture

If you have other advocacy related topic which you would like to include, please let us know. Send your submissions, or ideas for submissions to:

or mail to:

Heather Home
AAO Programming Chair
Queen's University Archives
Kathleen Ryan Hall
Kingston, Ontario
K7L 3N6

The deadline for submissions is February 3rd, 2003.