Just a note to say that I agree social advocacy must work side by side with
working with individuals and families.  In fact, it is often those who are
frustrated with the overwhelming numbers of individuals they are helping who
decide to also take on the role of speaking out about the industry's role in
promoting to young people and advocate for healthy public policy that will
help individuals in the long run.

I work with aboriginal people who are involved in advocacy and in helping
individuals.  Their work is especially important in delineating  the
spiritual use of tobacco apart from the addictive use.  They are keenly
aware of the difference.    Some of the most progressive policies have come
from northern communities who have been role models for creating healthy
envirionments.

Lynn Greaves
Public Health Services
Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region