The San Francisco Chronicle has said ok to submit the Twain "suicide
considered"  to the Forum, if wanted. Here's what the writer of the
piece David Kipen wrote:
        "go right ahead and post it, if the piece doesn't strike you as too
journalistic and middlebrow. i'm flattered you'd even consider it.
"all finest,
david"
------------------------------------
I'M SUBMITTING IT AS A SEPARATE POST, AS SOON AS I RE-CORRECT ALL THE
FORMATTING IT LOST WHEN I SAVED IT.
-Richard Reineccius, San Francisco CA/ Lodz PL

> >The journalist is
> >David Kipen at <[log in to unmask]>. I wrote
> >Kipen a note, which is
> >as yet unanswered, suggesting the full article be
> >published on this
> >Forum.
> >
> >If I remember right, Clemens of the SF CALL was
> >losing his job right
> >about then, before accepting one with The San
> >Francisco Dramatic
> >Chronicle (later shortened by deleting the word
> >"Dramatic"). The latter
> >was at first published as a theatrical program with
> >added news of the
> >day gotten from a private telegraph receiver.  It
> >was born on the 16th
> >of January 1865, and is the one Kipen writes for
> >today...

-0-