Social determinants are strongly implicated in the health issues experienced by trans people, especially issues of access to appropriate and respectful health services. Certainly support for addressing these issues should not rest solely on the shoulders of trans people. ~ Lindsay

PRESS RELEASE AND INVITATION

To all the Transgendered and Transsexual Community in Ontario and Media:

We will be having a rally on Monday April 26th at 11:00 am at George

Smitherman's Constituency Office located at 120 Carlton St.

The purpose of this rally is to demonstrate together our urgent situation and need for our issues to be addressed by the Ministry of Health.

It is vital for our Community to come together and support this event,

Transgendered and Transsexual Community leaders from all over the province with supporters all over Canada are expected.

The main issues to be presented from our agenda are:

ID RECOGNITION for Transsexual and Transgender individuals who live full

time and don't have sex reassignment surgery.

REINSTATEMENT OF THE COVERAGE OF SEX REASSIGNMENT SURGERY under OHIP for Transsexuals without the obligatory referral by the Clark division from the Centre for Addition and Mental Health formerly known as Clark Institute of

Psychiatry as the monopolized institution for gender criteria.

THE ENSURANCE OF A NON DISCRIMINATORY POLICY  for Transgendered and Transsexual individuals by any doctor, nurse, or staff member in any hospital, clinic, or health facility in the province of Ontario.

If you have other issues, concerns or if you want to express about your experience with the health system, please write it down so that we can forward all the letters to the Minister of Health the day of the rally. Media and news papers are expected to support this event.

Thank you in advance for your support and hope to count on you with your presence at this event.

TRANSITION SUPPORT GROUP

519 Church Street Community Centre

519 Church St. Toronto, Ontario

Open your e-mail without having to worry about viruses With MSN Premium Get 2 Months FREE* ------------------- Problems/Questions? Send it to Listserv owner: [log in to unmask] To subscribe to the SDOH list, send the following message to [log in to unmask] SUBSCRIBE SDOH yourfirstname yourlastname To post a message to all 1040 subscribers, send it to [log in to unmask] Include in the Subject, its content, and location and date, if relevant. To unsubscribe, send the following message to [log in to unmask] SIGNOFF SDOH For a list of SDOH members, send a request to [log in to unmask] To receive messages only once a day, send the following message to [log in to unmask] SET SDOH DIGEST To view the SDOH archives, go to: http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/sdoh.html