from Anna

-----Original Message-----
From:
Anna Boltong
Sent:
17 September 2004 15:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New HIA resources on London Health Observatory Website

The London Health Observatory has launched two new resources on its website this week.

The first is a Directory of Consultants available to be commissioned to conduct HIA (this is separate from our list of HIA ‘experts’ or ‘contacts’). If you would like to be added to the list, please email [log in to unmask]

The link for the directory is http://www.lho.org.uk/HIA/Attachments/Excel_Files/HIA_consultants_available_to_be_commissioned.xls

The second resource is a document titled ‘Things to ask for and points to consider when commissioning an External Consultant to conduct an HIA’ can be found at

http://www.lho.org.uk/HIA/Attachments/Word_Files/Points_to_consider_when_commissioning_HIA.doc

Each of these documents can also be accessed by visiting the London Health Observatory website at www.lho.org.uk and going to the HIA section then looking under ‘Contacts’.

We would like to thank members of the HIA Working Group for London for their contributions to these pieces of work.

A Costing Tool for HIA will be launched on our site in October / November which will allow you to calculate how much an HIA might cost in terms of budgetary expense as well as human resource

Anna Boltong

Health Impact Assessment & Network Facilitation Manager

London Health Observatory

11-13 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0AN

Tel:  + 44 (0)20 7307 2819

www.lho.org.uk

The London Health Observatory: monitoring health and health care in the capital, supporting practitioners and informing decision-makers