CFP: Mark Twain Circle at South Atlantic Modern Language Association
(5/7/05; 11/4-6/05)

Extended Deadline

I am posting this Call for Papers on behalf of Eileen Meredith,
Morehouse College, Chair of the Mark Twain Circle session for the 2005
SAMLA convention. Please send abstracts to her.

We apologize for the short deadline.

This year, SAMLA meets in Atlanta, GA., November 4-6, 2005. Presenters
must be members of SAMLA by June1, 2005. Go to the SAMLA web site for
a printable membership form (www.samla.org).

Joe Alvarez
~~~~~~~~~~~

TITLE OF SESSION: Mark Twain's Geographic Imagination

SUGGESTED TOPICS include, but are not limited to, the travel books,
place and local cultural contexts in specific fictional texts,
figurative use of geographic concepts.

Pleases send proposals by May 7, 2005, to

Eileen Meredith

Department of English

Morehouse College

Atlanta, GA 30314

[log in to unmask]:         Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:14:21 -0500