Doug Mackenzie wrote:

> Yes, spontaneous order refers to the reconciliation of
> individual plans, not to planlessness. Hayek was clear
> about this. The term 'spontaneous order' is misleading
> to those who do not know the full Hayekian story.

Just chiming in to second what Doug says here and to comment that
"unintended order" would have been a more accurate phrase.  I attempt to
address these issues in the context of Austrian economics in my SDAE
presidential address from a few years ago.   That can be found here:

http://www.gmu.edu/rae/archives/VOL17_4_2004/1-Horowitz.pdf

Steven Horwitz