David,

The problem, I imagine, is that indexing all the archives would be
time-consuming to the extreme. In addition, many discussions have limited
long-term interest, as in duels between participants over personal matters.
Plus, if you were to seek out, say Edison and wax cyliners, you'd have to
read the original question and then a variety of responses, some with
pertinent information, others with glancing memories of something
half-recalled. I don't recall (for example) when this list began, but it
seems over a decade of posts have come and gone. I guess I'd add the cream
of what has been posted here--the reviews--are already available in full
text at the Forum.

So, again, a FAQ file might direct folks to the most asked areas of
interest. I liked Hal's additions--well, on biographies and censorship. I'm
guessing his inclusion of the Mark Twain Awards was a joke--and another
indication of what is likely not of long-term interest. Everything should be
archived--in case someone really did want to explore those Awards--but I was
thinking of help for those seeking quick information online--admitting these
topics are well-covered in print sources like Mark Twain A to Z.

Wes Britton