Re Forstater on Buddhist economics, Sun Yat-sen in his San Min Chu I makes
right livelihood one of the three pillars of his proposed new society. He
goes on to say that Henry George's ideas on land-value taxation are at the
heart of right livelihood.

        What follows is highly speculative, but fun to consider.
        -- George derived his ideas from Christianity, including its Judaic
or Mosaic foundations, and thought he was applying the ideals of Jesus;
        -- Some modern research purports to show that Jesus was really a
Buddhist;
        -- If so, this Buddhistic idea traveled through ancient Israel and
Rome and France (via Turgot) and England to Philadelphia, thence back to a
Buddhist in Hawaii, Dr. Sun, who moved back to China to try to reapply it.
It's a bit like incestuous reflection, when people begin to believe their
own propaganda - except in this case the propaganda is (to me) much more
creditable than the kind that Dick Cheney has been selling himself. It
certainly is better seasoned.

Mason Gaffney