Samuel Bostaph wrote:
>It  may be an exercise in futility to do so, but nevertheless I will
>suggest  that  John  Medaille  (and  others  inclined  to agree with
>his impression of Hayek and Mises as "neo-conservatives") read Hayek's
>"Why I am Not a Conservative."  It is found as a postscript to his THE
>CONSTITUTION OF LIBERTY (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1960).

It wouldn't be futile at all, since I agree
completely that this is not conservatism. As
Novak himself notes, neo-liberalism would be a
more accurate description than neo-conservative.
As a descriptive term, there are only two things
wrong with "neo-conservative": it's not new and
it's not conservative. Nevertheless, the
followers of Mises and Hayek often self-identify as neo-conservatives.

John C. Medaille