Hello public health colleagues,

I wanted to provide you with information on FOUR related public health opportunities by one of APHA's local affiliates, the Metropolitan Washington Public Health Association (MWPHA)- a dynamic local conference, call for poster abstracts, public health awards and a scholarship opportunity. Keep reading for more information-

MWPHA is sponsoring a conference "Community Health Workers: Where we Live, Work & Play" on Mon, April 16, 2007 on the Georgetown University Medical Center campus (Wash, DC). There will be roundtables with community health workers, poster presentations, a panel on clinical navigators and break-out sessions on successful community-based programs and resourceful information on workforce development. Join in on the fun and information! Register on-line by April 9th at www.mwpha.org. This conference is co-sponsored by DC Chartered Health Plan, National Capital Area Society of Public Health Education (NCA SOPHE) and Georgetown University Department of Family Medicine, Community Health Research.

POSTER Deadline- April 1, 2007
Calling all faculty, student and community workers! Please present your program’s exciting work at this year’s annual conference. We are looking for poster abstracts- please see the website for the call for posters.

AWARD Deadline- April 1, 2007
MWPHA will provide public health awards to an organization AND an individual for a demonstrated commitment to public health. These awards will be presented at the annual conference on April 16th (see above). For more information and the application please visit the website at www.mwpha.org.

SCHOLARSHIP Deadline- April 1, 2007
We are looking for prospective/current public health students OR public health workers who need funding to pursue additional training opportunities such as distance learning/CEUs/2 or 4 year schooling or summer institutes. We award $1,000 scholarship(s). The application is available upon request.

REGISTRATION Deadline- April 9, 2007
Please register on-line for the conference before this date. After this date, you will have to register on-site.

I hope that you consider taking advantage of one (or all) of these exciting opportunities!

Sincerely,

Maranda Ward, MPH
MWPHA Annual Conference Chair
Governing Council Member

 "When you act on an assumption you've made about somebody, you take away an opportunity for them to surprise you and teach you." Mary Beth Levin

Live Search Maps – find all the local information you need, right when you need it. ------------------- Problems/Questions? Send it to Listserv owner: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe, send the following message in the text section -- NOT the subject header -- to [log in to unmask]

SIGNOFF SDOH

To receive messages only once a day, send the following message to [log in to unmask] SET SDOH DIGEST