Archivists from across Canada and from around the world will emerge from their stacks and converge on Kingston, Ontario, in June for a different perspective on archival work. We all know the important role archives play in ensuring accountability and transparency in public and private bodies and the essential place of archives in the writing of history, but how do individuals outside of the archival profession view our work? Are archives even on their radar? If not, what strategies can archivists use to heighten awareness of our profession and of our work in the public sphere?

Join politicians, authors, colleagues, and friends for "As Others See Us: Archivists and Society," the 32nd annual Association of Canadian Archivists Conference being held jointly with the Archives Association in Ontario from June 21st-23rd in Kingston, Ontario.

Early bird registration ends in ONE WEEK, on April 30th, so be sure to get your registration forms in now to qualify for the best rates.

When registering for the conference, don't forget to sign up for the Social Activities, including the Wine Tour of Historic Prince Edward County. For only $50 you will travel from Kingston to the beautiful County for a full day out, featuring wine tastings and tours of three of the best local wineries, along with lunch and sight-seeing.

Please see the ACA website for full details http://archivists.ca/conference/default.aspx

Rodney Carter

Host Committee Chair