This comes to remind you that we are offering the HLST 4900 Field
Experience course this coming winter.

If you are eager to gain experience in dealing with some real projects
involving the health sector, I would encourage you to consider registering
for this.

Also note that for those who do take the course, Prof. Dennis Raphael,
Undergraduate Program Director will be willing to use it as a substitute
for a required course. You will need to consult with him to determine
which course.

Schedule: Winter term on Wednesday from 4-7 p.m.
The course instructor will be Prof. Lorne Zon.

A brief description of the course and the pre-requisites follows:

HH/HLST 4900 3.0 Health Studies Project Management: Field Experience
Provides qualified students with the opportunity to work in the health
field as part of their degree program. The Experiential Education Office
will help coordinate a specific field experience placement for students.

Prerequisites: 1) Completion of at least 60.00 major credits including
completion of or concurrent enrolment in AK/HLST 4200 6.00 and completion
of AK/ADMS 2300 3.00 and a grade point average of B+ (7.00) in the health
studies courses completed. 2) Open only to students in BHS Honours
program.

Note 1:  The course instructor, together with the Experiential Education
Office, will select from those with the prerequisites who apply.
Note 2:  Students are required to attend an orientation session with a
duration of two hours prior to the commencement of the course.  The field
experience component of this course will require a commitment of 12 hours
per week over 11 weeks (132 hours).  As part of this 12 hours per week,
students will be required to attend weekly seminars with their group
members and either the course instructor or the contact person in the
field organization with which they are working.

If you are interested in signing up for this course, please send me an
e-mail along with your name and student number so that I can check your
eligibility as well issue permission for you to enrol.

Thank you.

Regina