----- Forwarded by Regina Pinto/fs/YorkU on 01/07/2008 10:22 AM -----
Ramona Frial-Brown/fs/YorkU

01/07/2008 09:45 AM

cc
Cathy Boyd-Withers/fs/YorkU, Polly MacFarlane/fs/YorkU@YORKU
Subject
Learning Skills Workshops-January Calendar

Happy New Year!

The Learning Skills Program at the Counselling and Development Centre would like to provide you with the Learning Skills Workshop calendar for the month of January.  We run free daily in-house workshops during the Fall and Winter sessions in the areas of:

-Time Management,
-Reading and Note Taking,
-Exam Preparation,
-Learning Style,
-Academic Anxiety and Stress,
-Memory Strategies, and
-Study Secrets.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could distribute the attached calendar to students, fellow staff and faculty.  Students can register for these workshops at the Counselling and Development Centre in

N110, located in the Bennett Centre for Student Services, or through our NEW on-line registration at:  http://www.yorku.ca/cdc/lsp/.  As a reminder, the Learning Skills Program is one of the programs offered through the Counselling and Development Centre.  We offer both one-on-one counselling on learning skills strategies as well as workshops.  These services are offered free of charge to all York University Students.

Please view the attached file for our workshop schedule, or visit us on-line at: http://www.yorku.ca/cdc/lsp/.  Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you for your continued support!

Sincerely,
Cathy Boyd-Withers, PhD & Mona Frial-Brown, MEd
Learning Skills Counsellors
Counselling and Development Centre
York University
Toronto, ON  M3J 1P3