--------

Dear Colleague:

RE: Student Research Symposium in e-Health and Health Informatics.
Hosted at E-Health Conference 2008, Vancouver, BC., May 4th 2008

On behalf of the Student Collaborative in Health Informatics (SCHI), we are excited to announce the Call for Abstracts for the ‘Student Research Symposium: A Virtual Reality’ hosted at e-Health 2008 Conference in Vancouver, BC, Canada, on May 4th 2008.  We are now accepting abstracts for this Symposium on our website at
www.ehealthstudents.org

The purpose of the Student Research Symposium is to provide a platform for presentation and discussion of original and innovative research in HI being conducted by Canadian students from any discipline.  Presented research does not have to be complete at the time of presentation.  Presenters/Participants will be able to engage in the Symposium either:

a) Virtually over the Internet:  VIRTUAL CONFERENCE IS FREE (space limited) due to the support of our sponsor, the University of Waterloo; or
b) Onsite at the e-Health Conference 2008 in Vancouver.  Students registered for the e-Health Conference 2008 may attend the on-site Symposium FREE OF CHARGE.

Who Should Attend?
•    Undergraduate/Graduate students with an interest in e-Health/Health Informatics
•    Graduate students conducting research in e-Health/Health Informatics
•    Graduate students conducting research in areas complementary to e-Health/Health Informatics
•    Faculty members with expertise in e-Health/Health Informatics
•    Any faculty of graduate student interested in learning more about Canada’s ongoing research in the field

Please note the deadline for Abstract submission is March 1st 2008.  Attached is a PDF copy of the official Call for Abstracts – more information pertaining to the Symposium (and our past events) can be found on our website
www.ehealthstudents.org

Registration for participants will begin on March 1st 2008 – please see our website for details;
www.ehealthstudents.org.

Don’t forget to mark your calendar!

Kind Regards,

Richard Booth, RN, MScN, Doctoral Student
SCHI Chair 2007-2008
E:
W:
http://www.ehealthstudents.org