FYI

Regina
-

$20,000 Scholarships ? Now Accepting Applications
Toronto Rehab is pleased to announce it is now accepting applications for
its
Scholarship in Rehabilitation-related Research for Graduate Students with
Disabilities.
This innovative scholarship is believed to be the first-of-its-kind in
Canada.

Who is Eligible?
Masters and Ph.D. students with disabilities planning to attend McMaster,
Ryerson, U of T, Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier, or York may apply.
Many fields of study may be eligible, including but not limited to:
Architecture, Biology, Biomedical Communications, Chemistry, Computer
Science, Disability Studies, Engineering, Health Policy, Kinesiology,
Labour Studies, Medicine, Music Therapy, Nursing, Nutrition, Pharmacology,
Physics, Psychology, Recreation Therapy, Social Work, Sociology,
Statistics, Women?s Studies, etc.
Final year undergrads and international students are encouraged to apply.
Visit our Q&A page at
http://www.torontorehab.com/research/disabilityscholarshipfacts.htm for
full eligibility criteria, including many possible fields of study.

Why Apply?
Pursue a career in rehabilitation science and make an impact on rehab
research
$20,000 award
This unique scholarship also provides an educational disability expense
supplement which funds special educational expenses such as assistive
software and devices, attendant services, sign interpretation, and
tutoring.
The scholarship committee actively works with our scholars to support
their academic and research success and their future career goals.
Our current scholars have benefited from appropriately configured office
space at Toronto Rehab and mentoring.

How to Apply?
The application and guidelines are available at
http://www.torontorehab.com/research/disabilityscholarship.htm. The
application and supporting documentation are due May 1, 2008.

For More Information
Main scholarship page:
http://www.torontorehab.com/research/disabilityscholarship.htm
Meet our scholars:
http://www.torontorehab.com/research/disabilityscholarship_profiles2006.htm

Download a poster:
http://www.torontorehab.com/research/Scholarship%20for%20Rehab-related%20Research%20for%20Students%20with%20Disabilities%202008%20(legal).pdf

Read about rehab research: http://torontorehab.com/research/index.htm

?We believe this exciting scholarship will open doors to careers in
rehabilitation research for top graduate students.?

Dr. Geoff Fernie, Vice President, Research, Toronto Rehab

Made possible by the financial generosity of the TD Bank Financial Group