The 2009 meetings of the History of Economics Society will held at the University of Colorado Denver. The conference will begin with an opening reception on Friday, June 26 and will end mid-day on Monday, June 29. The meetings will be held at the University of Colorado Denver's Kenneth King Academic and Performing Arts Center on the University's Downtown Denver Campus. The campus's location in lower downtown Denver affords easy walking access to hundreds of restaurants and a variety of hotels in all price ranges. The campus's extremely limited dormitory facilities mean that there will likely not be a dorm housing option available. Conference rates will be arranged with several hotels within easy walking distance of the campus. Direct flights from London (BA and United) and Frankfurt (Lufthansa) make this a very accessible location for those traveling from Europe.

A call for papers will go out in the coming months. However, I encourage people to begin thinking about-and even proposing-entire sessions now. If you wish to propose a session or have any questions about the conference, you can email me directly at [log in to unmask]

Steven G. Medema
President-Elect, HES