Sending this to you all on behalf of the Dean of the Faculty of Health...........Regina

Dear Health Students:

The past few weeks have been a very difficult and frustrating time.  You have had your academic term turned upside down and I can only imagine the stress, disappointment and disruption that this has caused for many of you.  You have my word that when classes do resume, we will do our very best to ensure that the transition back is fair and manageable for all of you.

To update you on the Strike, the University’s negotiation team (of which I am a member) will meet with CUPE 3903 and the mediator this Thursday November 27 to resume negotiations.  We are hopeful that progress will be made.

For updates on negotiations, please visit the Negotiation Updates webpage. If you are seeking additional information about the Strike please visit the Division of Students Frequently Asked Questions webpage.  I want to remind you that all academic offices are open during their regular business hours. This includes academic departments, libraries, and administrative departments.

Finally, I want to reassure you that the University is developing its remediation plan so that classes can be resumed after the Strike is settled.  We are looking forward to having you back on campus!

Thanks to each of you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Harvey Skinner

Dean, Faculty of Health