Started in February of 1995, the HES list reached almost 1,000 members.
With the support of Avi Cohen, current President of the History of
Economics Society, and Maria Cristina Marcuzzo, current President of the
European Society for the History of Economic Thought, we have created a
new email list called [log in to unmask], where SHOE stands for Societies for
the History of Economics.  SHOE is hosted and supported by York
University in Toronto, Canada.

The SHOE list is intended for announcements and discussion from anyone
around the world interested in the history of economics, as well as all
societies devoted to the history of economics.

In addition to the list of subscribers, the entire HES email archive has
been moved to York and is now part of the SHOE list.  As messages are
posted to the SHOE list, they will be added to the archive.

As a subscriber to the HES list, you are automatically subscribed to the
SHOE list.  You can modify your subscription preferences (e.g., digest
mode) by visiting

https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/shoe.html

Should you wish to change your preferences, there are detailed
instructions below.

Our goal is a seamless and transparent migration, but we know there are
bound to be adjustment problems.

Humberto Barreto will continue as moderator and he would greatly
appreciate your patience and support as he learns new software for the
list.

Humberto Barreto, Moderator SHOE
Avi Cohen, President HES
Maria Cristina Marcuzzo, President ESHET

To change your preferences, there are two steps:

*I) Get a LISTSERV password:*
- Go to https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/shoe.html and click ''Join or
leave the list (or change settings)'.
- Click 'login with your LISTSERV password' link.
- Click 'get a new LISTSERV password' in the first paragraph.
- Enter your email address that is subscribed to the list with in the
E-mail Address field and desired password in Password field.
- Click 'Register Password' button. Email message from listserv with the
link to confirm password request will be sent to their email address.

*II) Manage your subscription options once you have a LISTSERV password:*
- Go to https://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/shoe.html and click ''Join or
leave the list (or change settings)'.
- Now, click 'login with your LISTSERV password' in the first paragraph.
- Enter your E-mail Address and password that you have created.
- Click 'follow this link' link.
- Update options as necessary and click 'Update Options' button.