California Newsreel <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: California Newsreel <[log in to unmask]>

10/21/2009 06:48 PM

Please respond to

You're receiving this email because of your relationship with California Newsreel. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

California Newsreel Logo
Unnatural Causes Header
Join the “Watch-In! for America’s Health”

Money-Driven MedicineFrom October 27th through November 10th thousands of concerned citizens will screen the award-winning documentary Money-Driven Medicine and then tell Congress what comprehensive healthcare reform needs to be successful.

The nationwide “Watch-In! for America’s Health” will kick off October 27 with a screening of Money-Driven Medicine at the U.S. Capitol for Congress and staff.

Consumers Union, Doctors for America and other prominent civic groups are encouraging Americans to convene house parties, campus forums, community dialogues and other screenings of Money-Driven Medicine via free video streaming and low-cost DVD during the two weeks following the U.S. capitol event to dispel the myths about what's really driving the cost and quality of health care.

After each screening, viewers can access on-line tools at www.moneydrivenmedicine.org/watch-in  that will help them communicate to their Congressional representatives and others what real as opposed to sham health care reform must accomplish.

At the same time, California Newsreel will hand-deliver DVDs of Money-Driven Medicine on behalf of Watch-In! outreach partners to all 535 members of the House and the Senate.

Please consider hosting a screening of Money-Driven Medicine!

For video clips, Watch-In! tools and more information about Money-Driven Medicine please visit:  www.moneydrivenmedicine.org

Bill Moyers said:  Money-Driven Medicine is one of the strongest documentaries I have seen in years and could not be more timely. The more people who see and talk about it, the more likely we are to get serious and true healthcare reform."

We hope you’ll host a house party, screen the DVD on your campus, house of worship, workplace or civic club, and lend it to your friends.  Then act.  Visit www.moneydrivenmedicine.org.

Join our facebook page to participate in social networking around these important issues.

back to top

About Us

California Newsreel is the oldest non-profit documentary production and distribution center in the country, now celebrating its 41st year. For more information on our extensive collections of acclaimed films, click on the links below or visit us at www.newsreel.org.

Unnatural Causes part of Health and Social Justice
Banished part of African American Perspectives
Ezra part of the Library of African Cinema
A Killer Bargain part of The Globalization catalog

back to top

Send to a Friend

To send this newsletter to a friend, click on "Forward email" below.

Encourage your friends and colleagues to
sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date on new health equity resources and initiatives.

www.unnaturalcauses.org

back to top

Forward email
Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask].
Email Marketing by

California Newsreel | 500 3rd St Suite 505 | San Francisco | CA | 94107