Greetings! The quote-confirmation email below came to the Mark Twain House
& Museum recently and I said I'd post it here. My own preliminary Google has
turned numerous citations, but not one of them attributed to a specific
work which makes me suspicious:

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 12:53 PM
To: Info
Subject: Mark Twain House - Website Contact

First Name: Susan
Last Name: Whitehead
Address: 62 Ridge Street, Suite 2
Company/Organization: Gary Library
City: Montpelier
State: VT
Zip Code: 05602
Country: USA
Email Address: [log in to unmask]

Comments/Questions: Hi. I'm trying to find the original source for the
Mark Twain quote: "Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let
her scream." I've spent a good deal of time searching for the source
(google books and scholar, federated searches of literary databases
quotation books etc.) but without any luck. I was hoping that a staff
member of the Mark Twain house might recognize the quotation. It seems
likely that it originated from one of his lectures.

Regards
Susan

Steve Courtney
Terryville, CT 06786