Dear Members,

The new conference site is now up and live on the AAO website. It can be accessed from the home page at the following link: http://aao.fis.utoronto.ca/aaoconference/index.html. We have included details about the locale (Barrie, Ontario), the venue, the two workshops, conference program and other details. I would like to thank my program committee for their hard work, Michael Rajzman for his efforts creating this site for us, and to Adam Becker for quickly posting it on the AAO home page.

I have also updated the official AAO 2010 Conference Facebook site. We would encourage members who are on Facebook to join this group in order to access the newest updates about the conference and perhaps share your ideas and thoughts with other colleagues who have joined this new AAO group about the conference and the theme of archival photographs. The Facebook site can be accessed through this link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149076910677. The late Arthur Doughty is a member, so you will be in excellent company! Only Facebook members will be able to connect to this event.

The Program Committee is very proud of the high caliber, interdisciplinary program that we were able to pull together this year. There are approximately 45 speakers involved in the conference from a myriad of different fields, most of whom are experts in the area of photography. We would encourage you to check out the program and join us in Barrie, Ontario for this entertaining, stimulating and thought-provoking event.

The traditional and on-line registration forms as well as details about the social events will be available within the next 7-10 days. This year, we will be offering an early bird registration rate which will run until the end of April. There will also be a special single day rate, as well as lower fees that we have introduced for students, new graduates and retirees. I think everyone will be quite pleased. We will notify you via the list-serve and Facebook conference site when these details are available and the registration site it is up and running.

Stay tuned and book your trip to Barrie!

Ellen Scheinberg, Ph.D.

Chair, AAO Program Committee

Director

Ontario Jewish Archives

UJA Federation of Greater Toronto

Lipa Green Centre for Jewish Community Services

4600 Bathurst St.

Toronto, Ontario

M2R 3V2

416-635-2883 ext. 5187