*Date:*          Thu, 10 Apr 1997 12:36:58 -0700
*Reply-To:*      Mark Twain Forum<[log in to unmask]  <https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?LOGON=A2%3Dind9704%26L%3DTWAIN-L%26P%3DR1855%26I%3D-3>>
*Sender:*        Mark Twain Forum<[log in to unmask]  <https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?LOGON=A2%3Dind9704%26L%3DTWAIN-L%26P%3DR1855%26I%3D-3>>
*From:*          Robert Hirst<[log in to unmask]  <https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?LOGON=A2%3Dind9704%26L%3DTWAIN-L%26P%3DR1855%26I%3D-3>>
*Subject:*       Re: Barechested Photo
*In-Reply-To:*   <l03010d02af72e0c3e2c3@[198.206.239.85]>
*Content-Type:*  TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

See Louis J. Budd, "`A Nobler Roman Aspect' of *Adventures of
Huckleberry Finn*" in *One Hundred Years of Huckleberry Finn,* ed.
Robert Sattlemeyer and J. Donald Crowley, 1985, pp. 26-40. Columbia:
University of Missouri Press.

When that proved to too enigmatic, I posted the following: