Interesting discussion.

I think both Rick and Dennis’ sound bites are effective and necessary.  It’s good balance.  The average person needs to hear what Rick is saying, and it also offers an awful lot of potential interventions that are politically viable today.  But Dennis brings up points that governments (bureaucrats, particularly) ought to be discussing as well.

Ketan Shankardass

-

Research Associate

Centre for Research on Inner City Health

St. Michael's Hospital

-

Assistant Professor

Division of Epidemiology