Being a professional software engineer (my academic background [MS
Computer Science] is likely a bit different than yours :-) ), I just had
to cook up something Twain wise. I wrote a small program that randomly
selects a quote from a file. I then set up my computer to run this
program automatically every 10 minutes. Lastly my mailer then uses this
quote as my signature - as seen below. Anyway, attached is the program
source (I wouldn't send the binary because you may (should) have virus
concerns). Perhaps you or a computer savvy friend could set this up on
your computer.

The quotes file is a simple text file with each quote separated by a
blank line like:

    Yesterday Mr. Hall wrote that the printer's proof-reader was improving
    my punctuation for me, & I telegraphed orders to have him shot without
    giving him time to pray.

    Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness,
    and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.

I can send the quotes file that I use if there is interest. I can't
include it here due to the 400 line message limit.

regards/Tony

--

A robber is much more high-toned than what a pirate is- as a
general thing. In most countries they're awful high up in

Mark Twain