Glad to report that Takeshi Omiya, who lives in Hiroshima and is another member of the Mark Twain Circle of America, is also fine.
Shelley

On Mar 13, 2011, at 6:56 PM, Ryan, Ann wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm passing on an email I just received from Takuya Kubo, letting us know
> that he's
> safe.  Another small bit of good news in light of all this horror.
>
> Ann
>

> Dear Ann,
>
> This is Takuya Kubo from Japan. Sorry for this short note. I am writing this
> just to inform you that I am fine.
> Kanazawa, the city I live in, is quite far away from the area that was hit
> by the horrible earthquake.
> Still, we are horrified with what happened in Tohoku and Tokyo area. This is
> a nightmare.
>
> Please pray for those in distress.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Takuya Kubo
> Takuya Kubo
>
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Sheryl Squier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I would also like to send my thoughts and payers to those in Japan. From
>> what we have seen on the news here in New Zealand it is just horrific. As a
>> country ourselves we have just gone through a diaster and it is a very
>> difficult time for us all.
>>
>> Keep safe
>> Sheryl

Shelley Fisher Fishkin
Joseph S. Atha Professor of Humanities, Professor of English, and Director of American Studies, Stanford University
Mail: Department of English, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-2087
http://english.stanford.edu/bio.php?name_id=51