Hello!

My name is Hema Nair and I am the Employer Liaison at the Career Centre. I am reaching out to you regarding TASTE, or Take a Student to Eat.

As you may already know,
TASTE (Take A Student To Eat) is a program offered in partnership with the Career Centre and Alumni Relations, designed to give York students and alumni an opportunity to make meaningful connections in an informal setting – over lunch!  Various alumni have offered to meet with 2 current students over lunch to share their experiences and career journey. The lunch is also paid for by the alumnus/a.

We have some really interesting alumni participating in TASTE this summer, some of whom may be of interest to Health students. In particular students may be interested in meeting with Christine Gordon. I have included her bio below. A list of other alumni lunches and requirements to participate can be found on the
TASTE website. Please share this information with students you think might be interested.

Please note, to participate in TASTE, students must have attended one of two Career Centre workshops (Dining Etiquette or Making A Great First Impression) BEFORE the date of the lunch. Students should visit the TASTE website
(http://www.yorku.ca/careers/taste/index.htm) to submit an application and to register for a workshop.

Thank you for spreading the word!

Christine Gordon

Special Projects Manager
St. Michael's Hospital
Website:
www.stmichaelshospital.com
Degree: MSc (2000) and MBA (2010)
GradYear: 2000
Lunch Date: Wednesday June 29, 2011
Lunch Time: 12:00 - 1:30 pm
Lunch Location: downtown - Queen/Yonge area
Company Tour: Yes
Tour Details: 1:30-2:00

I'm currently working in the capital planning role at St. Michael's Hospital, responsible for planning a new, $290M, 17-storey state-of-the-art patient care tower on the existing campus. Having completed both an MSc (2000) and an MBA (2010) from York University, I've focused my career within the broader health sector. I've been lucky to gain a thorough understanding of the health industry from a variety of roles over the past 10 years, including clinical research, communications and marketing for a large, national not-for-profit health charity and market research for biotechnology companies.

Hema Nair, MA, MEd | Employer Liaison, Career Centre, York University

202 McLaughlin College, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3

(
416.736.2100 ext. 40792| 7 416.736.5684 | * hnair@yorku.ca

Visit
www.yorku.ca/careers/employers to discover how to connect with York University students.

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.