Dear SDOH list,

Some colleagues and friends of mine have started a website called "Frontline Voices" featuring voices from frontline healthcare service providers, to "help to keep our system public, accountable and working for us".  The site is motivated by a commitment to medicare in the face of ongoing threats to our publicly-funded not-for-profit healthcare system.  The site's launch is timed to correspond with Ontario's provincial election and coming negotiations for a new health accord, in an effort to draw attention at this critical time.  Please consider visiting the site and adding your voice in support of medicare and action to improve the social determinants of health.

http://www.frontlinevoices.ca/stories

all the best,
Andrew

--
Andrew Bresnahan
MPH Candidate, population and public health, Memorial University

"I regard it as the foremost task of education to ensure the survival of these qualities: an enterprising curiosity, an undefeatable spirit, tenacity in pursuit, readiness for sensible self denial, and above all, compassion." -Kurt Hahn

"The goal of our partnerships is not charity but rather 'pragmatic solidarity' - a commitment to struggle alongside the destitute sick and against the economic and political structures that cause and perpetuate poverty and ill health" -Partners In Health