Journal of Global Health

Call for Submissions: The Journal of Global Health

Based at Columbia University in the City of New York, The Journal of Global Health is a student-run, international publication that seeks to highlight innovative solutions to global health problems.

Our inaugural spring 2011 issue of JGH features the work of undergraduate and graduate students at over twelve different institutions in six countries and covers topics from four different continents. It can be found at
www.ghjournal.org/current-issue.

The Fall 2011 Issue of JGH: “Global Health is Local”

Although disease outbreaks and the major health problems of the future often have no boundaries, all public health is arguably local in scope. Despite the moniker “global health,” all medical care is ultimately patient-centered.

This fall 2011 issue of JGH will spotlight on community health, and we encourage the submission of pieces that specifically address public health at the community level. Some relevant topics include: environmental health, infectious and chronic disease, health care disparities, risk factors for disease incidence, health literacy, disease surveillance, interventions to promote healthy lifestyles, and health psychology.  In addition, as with our recent spring 2011 issue, we welcome the submission of all papers that address behavioral, biological, environmental, political, or socioeconomic factors that affect the health of populations and individuals.

Until September 30, 2011, we will be accepting:
  • Original Academic Research Papers – Research-based works addressing a specific area of global health
  • Perspectives – Opinion pieces that address fresh and exciting developments in global health
  • Field notes  – Written with a more personal voice, pieces that are based on your direct involvement in the field
Information on submissions can be found at www.ghjournal.org. For all inquiries, please email [log in to unmask]. Please submit all pieces via our online submission form at www.ghjournal.org/submit.

Sent to [log in to unmask]why did I get this?
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences
Journal of Global Health · 3430 Lerner Hall · 2920 Broadway · New York, New York 10027
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp