--

STOP York Animal Research presents
A lecture (followed by Q&A) by Ray Greek, MD
“Animals, Science, & Research”

When: Monday, September 19, 12pm
Where: Room 320, Norman Bethune College (Paul A. Delaney Gallery)
York University, 4700 Keele St.

Please join us for a talk by Dr. Ray Greek, founder of Americans for Medical
Advancement (
http://www.afma-curedisease.org/) and world-renowned critic of
animal experimentation, on “why animals cannot be used to predict human
response to drugs or the pathophysiology of human diseases.”

In addition to being published in peer-reviewed scientific literature, Dr. Greek
is the author, along with his wife, Dr. Jean Swingle Greek, of three popular
science books on the topic of attempting to extrapolate the results of animal
experiments to humans. Sacred Cows & Golden Geese (Continuum 2000), Specious
Science (Continuum 2002), and What Will We Do If We Don't Experiment On
Animals? (Trafford 2004).

“Ray and Jean Greek show that the use of live animals in medical research is
unethical, not with relation to the suffering of the animals as more commonly
held, but because faulty science underpins it.” Jane Goodall, from the
Foreword, Sacred Cows & Golden Geese.

For more information please contact Zipporah Weisberg ([log in to unmask]).