There were also critical reviews of the GT by Schumpeter, Pigou, and Simons.

But there is the basic issue of aggregate demand. Since Pigou, Knight, and Simons (I think) all supported fiscal stimulus in depressions one wonders about how deep these criticisms were. Were we "just" witnessesing controversies with the "aggregate demand family"?  I do not minimize the importance of the purely theoretical issues but the fact that Keynesian policy pre-dates Keynes's GT gives one pause, or should.