Thanks all - I found this extremely helpful and have ordered a number
already. I also wanted to put out a request. I'm currently working on a
book profiling the economics of the underground economy (informal and black
market economies). I am very interested in familiarizing myself with any
historic literature in this regard. For example, I've come across arguments
suggesting that piracy created the foundation for liberal markets by
opening up trade routes. My premise is to show the intersection and degree
to which the mainstream economy may actually depend and ebb and flow with
more underground economies. To that end, would anyone recommend any good
literature that looks at any of the following topics through a HET lens:
piracy, "deviant entrepreneurs," drug trafficking, smuggling,
counterfeiting, etc.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Regards,
Alexa

--
Alexa Clay /  202.213.7191  / www.misfiteconomy.com

*Author + Social Change Strategist* | Berlin | Washington DC | London
*Like us *on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/misfiteconomy
*Read our articles* at FastCoExist:
http://www.fastcoexist.com/users/alexa-clay
*Contact me* at Ashoka: [log in to unmask]