Thanks all - I found this extremely helpful and have ordered a number already. I also wanted to put out a request. I'm currently working on a book profiling the economics of the underground economy (informal and black market economies). I am very interested in familiarizing myself with any historic literature in this regard. For example, I've come across arguments suggesting that piracy created the foundation for liberal markets by opening up trade routes. My premise is to show the intersection and degree to which the mainstream economy may actually depend and ebb and flow with more underground economies. To that end, would anyone recommend any good literature that looks at any of the following topics through a HET lens: piracy, "deviant entrepreneurs," drug trafficking, smuggling, counterfeiting, etc.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Regards,
Alexa