Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: mason gaffney <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Societies for the History of Economics <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 21:58:46 -0700
To: <[log in to unmask]>
ReplyTo: Societies for the History of Economics <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SHOE] The HET "good reads" list

I am sure that was not your intent.  It just shows through in the selections, e.g. of Thomas Sowell, a tendentious political editorialist.  The fact that some HET contributors could unconsciously see him and similar propagandists as objective HET scholars is what concerns me.  It is like moving the editorial page to the news columns of a newspaper without even thinking they might be different.

                This is not to focus my animus on “wingnuts” of neo-anarchism.  I would say the same about Paul Krugman and Robert Reich, for example.  It’s the one-sidedness and preoccupation with superficial and cosmetic current political symbolic issues and sloganeering that I’d like to see exorcised from HET.

Mason Gaffney