For what it's worth, I was reading the English poet W. H. Auden the other night and was astonished to come across a reference to Pareto. It occurs in Auden's long poem, Letter to Lord Byron (1937):

But if in highbrow circles he would sally

    It’s just as well to warn him there’s no stain on

Picasso, all-in wrestling, or the Ballet.

    Sibelius is the man. To get a pain on

    Listening to Elgar is a sine qua non.

A second-hand acquaintance of Pareto’s

Ranks higher than an intimate of Plato’s.

I take it the "he" is Byron, although that's not entirely clear.

Paul

--
Paul Dudenhefer
Managing Editor, HOPE