Hey Everyone,

We hope you are all enjoying your summer!!!

We wanted to update everyone on some of the events and promotions that the
Student Association of Health Management, Policy & Informatics (SAHMPI) is
having this year:

1. SWEATERS
Yes, we have finally gotten sweaters to promote our program! You can
customize your sweater to fit your specific specialization (ie. Health
Policy, Management, Informatics, Studies). Sweaters are $50 if you order
before September and $80 if you want a sweater plus all of the SAHMPI
merchandise. Please see the attached posters to get an idea of what
everything will look like. Just a heads up, we need at least 60 students
to pre-order to ensure we all get our sweaters. Email us if you're
interested in purchasing.

2. YORKFEST
Volunteer with us on Wed, Sept 12th at Yorkfest along campus walk to help
promote our program and our club. Times will be provided shortly.

3. TERRY FOX RUN
Join us on Sun, Sept 16th at 10:00am at the Lassonde Building here on
campus for a 5km walk/run in support of the Terry Fox Foundation. All
members who join our team get a free SAHMPI t-shirt and certificate of
participation from the Terry Fox Foundation! Last year we were the only
Faculty of Health team present and we got our picture taken with the Dean
and the President of York!

4. AGENTS OF CHANGE
Last year this event was the talk of the Faculty and this year we are
going to make it bigger & better! We'll keep you posted on Date, Time and
Location.

5. YUCAAN: THE YORK UNIVERSITY CONFERENCE ON ABORIGINAL AFFAIRS NOW
This year SAHMPI is teaming up with the Aboriginal Student Association at
York (ASAY) and the Centre for Aboriginal Student Services (CASS) to host
a campus wide conference on Aboriginal affairs with year's theme being
health. The event will take place on Wed, Sept 26th in Calumet College and
it will be a full day event where you can drop-in and out all day to
listen to guest speakers and enjoy some free traditional food. Being in
the healthcare field we believe that it is absolutely necessary to educate
ourselves on Aboriginal affairs in a Canadian context. So come out and
show your support!

These are just some of the events we have planned for the Fall Term but if
you would like to see us hold a specific type of event just send us an
email!

If you have any questions or would like to get involved it's as simple as
emailing us at [log in to unmask]

We hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer and we look forward to
seeing you all in September!

SAHMPI Executives

--

115 Stong College - York University
Website: www.yorku.ca/sahmpi

If you have an comments, questions, concerns or suggestions about SAHMPI
or the School of Health Policy & Management, please feel free to email us
at [log in to unmask] and we will make sure your voice gets heard.