This is really cool! I may use it on a paper I worked on last summer that I am trying to get published. Thanks for sharing!

Aline

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Ardiles, Paola <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
FYI

From: Adler Institute on Social Exclusion [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:50 PM
To: Adler Institute on Social Exclusion
Subject: New Video and Mental Health Impact Assessment (MHIA) Results Announcement

Dear Colleague,

Policies in areas like housing, employment, education, and safety have important impacts on the mental health and well-being of communities, especially the most vulnerable. Rarely, if ever, do policy makers consider the impacts of these and other “social determinants” on the mental health of communities. Consequently, as a society, we make many policy decisions that harm our collective psychological functioning and well-being.

I am pleased to share a short video we have created to help introduce the concept of social determinants of mental health.  Please watch the video on the Adler School Website, and consider sharing it with your colleagues and others who have a stake in community mental health.

The Institute on Social Exclusion (ISE) is leading the way in “social determinants of mental health” thinking and practice. One way we are doing this is through development and implementation of a Mental Health Impact Assessment (MHIA) tool.  We will report the results of our 18-month MHIA at “The Social Determinants of Urban Mental Health: Paving the Way Forward,” our second global conference, Sept. 19-20 in Chicago. Immediately following this conference, we will host a workshop on MHIA, which is as a tool for helping to ensure that public policy that promotes population mental health.

Please visit adler.edu/conference for CE/CME information and our exciting conference agenda, including keynote speaker Professor Sir Michael G. Marmot MBBS, MPH, PhD, Director of the University College London Institute of Health Equity (Marmot Institute) and Chair of the European Review on the Social Determinants of Health and the Health Divide.  Register soon—the priority deadline is August 31.

As we prepare to host this global conference on the social determinants of urban mental health, we take this opportunity to recognize the University of Illinois (UIC) College of Medicine at Chicago and the UIC Jane Addams College of Social Work for their co-sponsorship of this landmark event.

All the best to you. We look forward to seeing you in September!

Lynn C. Todman, Ph.D.

Executive Director, Institute on Social Exclusion

Adler School of Professional Psychology

17 North Dearborn

Chicago, IL 60602

Tel: 312 662-4000

www.adler.edu

We will report the results of our 18-month MHIA at “The Social Determinants of Urban Mental Health: Paving the Way Forward,” our second global conference, Sept. 19-20 in Chicago

Presented by the Adler School of Professional Psychology Institute on Social Exclusion

Co-sponsored by the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine and the UIC Jane Addams College of Social Work

--
Aline Nizigama