*Apologies for cross-mailings*

Ten Years Since the Romanow Report: Retrospect ? and Prospect
10 am - 3:30 pm EST, Friday November 9

It has been 10 years since Roy Romanow issued his report on the future of
Canada's public health care system. Much has happened since? and much that
we might have wished for has not. On November 9th, invited health policy
experts from across Canada will come together in Toronto to look back on
the issues that gave rise to the report and look forward to the challenges
that remain.

We will be live streaming the event across the country, making it possible
for interested health care researchers, decision-makers, providers,
policymakers and students to engage in the discussion from
coast-to-coast-to-coast.

If you would like to participate in the Forum please go to our
registration site at: www.eply.com/socialmedia-forum. There you will find
a copy of the event program, speakers? bios, and some useful background
readings. We will ask you to register and provide your e-mail address
there so that we can send you the url link for Web-streaming and a Twitter
hash tag you can use to correspond with us during the event. There will be
a Twitter Wall set up at the Toronto event and comments will be posted for
others to view.

If you wish to get together with others to set up a ?satellite site? let
us know. The University of Victoria, for one, has arranged to have a room
set aside where they will project the live proceedings onto a large
screen. For sites such as this that involve 10 or more people in a single
location, we would like to arrange to have your input/questions e-mailed
to us. Please follow up with CAHSPR?s Executive Director, Lillian Bayne,
at [log in to unmask] to discuss this opportunity.

Please take the time to register before November 6th.

If you have colleagues who may be interested, please forward this e-mail
to them.

Our Sponsors:
This event would not be possible without the gracious support of our
sponsors:

For the main event: The Health Council of Canada

For student engagement, video stream and capture, and social media: the
Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI); CIHR-Institute for
Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR); University of Toronto?s
Institute for Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation (HPME); the
Canadian Health Services Research Foundation (CHSRF)/Canadian Foundation
for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI); the Institute for Public Health at the
University of Calgary; the University of Victoria; and Queen?s
University?s Centre for Health Services and Policy Research
(CHSPR-Queen?s).