You didn't mention mine, Jeremy--Huckleberry Finn In Love and War: The Lost Journals--so I just did. It's available on Amazon and for the Kindle. Mine's the only one I know in which Huck has to deal with the Civil War, but you might also want to check out Finn, by Jon Clinch (about Pap), and Becky, by Lenore Hart.

To Sam: thanks for the tip about Google alerts.

Dan Walker

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Morong <[log in to unmask]>
To: TWAIN-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sun, Oct 28, 2012 2:11 pm
Subject: Re: Huck on Google

Well, I just ordered your book from Amazon, so your google search may not h=
ave brought you any news, but it brought you a sale.=A0 :)=A0 I'll be curio=
us to see how this one stacks up against "The Further Adventures of Huckleb=
erry Finn" which I enjoyed quite a bit.=A0 =0A=0A=0ASome years ago I compil=
ed a list on Amazon for those who might wish to read further Huck and/or To=
m stories.=A0 I'll get this one added to the list!=A0 http://www.amazon.com=
/Complete-Saga-Tom-Huck/lm/1WADTA96CLBKC=A0 Anyone read some of these such =
as "More Adventures of Huck Finn" or "Tom Sawyer Grows Up" by Clement Wood =
from the 1930s?=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Sam Sa=
ckett <[log in to unmask]>=0ATo: [log in to unmask] =0ASent: Friday, Oct=
ober 26, 2012 2:16 PM=0ASubject: Huck on Google=0A =0AThere's a service on =
Google called Google Alerts.=A0 It gives you what appear=3D=0As on the Inte=
rnet -- news, blogs, and web -- about the subject you choose. =3D=0AI signe=
d up for it to get alerts about Huckleberry Finn, hoping I'd see an=3D=0Ay =
comments about my Huckleberry Finn Grows Up.=A0 I haven't seen any yet.=0A=
=0A=0ABut what I have seen is that almost every day some student is writing=
 in sa=3D=0Aying he's been given a class assignment about Adventures of Huc=
kleberry Fin=3D=0An and wants somebody to do his homework for him; and/or s=
ome person or comp=3D=0Aany is offering to provide an essay about Twain's c=
lassic.=0A=0A=0AI think if I were teaching Huckleberry Finn, I'd want to su=
bscribe to this =3D=0AGoogle service to see what my students were doing; in=
 fact, if I were teach=3D=0Aing any book or books at all, I'd want to get G=
oogle Alerts on that book or=3D=0Athose books.=A0 Keeping students honest i=
s a tough job, and this would help.=0A=0A=0ASam Sackett=0A=0Ahttp://samsack=
ett.us=0A=0Ahttp://about.me/www.samsackett.com