Yes, Rothbard's fallacy of indifference is very astutely and elegantly put forward. But it has always seemed to me, isn't the fallacy - and the poor Buriden's ass misfortunate fate - due to a mixing of the notions of indifference and indecisiveness? The two being distinct states. After all, indifference has a very precise meaning in utility theory and it's not equivalent to the lack of ability to decide which option to take.
M.U.

-------- Оригинално писмо --------
От: Samuel Bostaph <[log in to unmask]>
Относно: Re: [SHOE] Preference axioms
До: [log in to unmask]
Изпратено на: Събота, 2013, Януари 19 15:01:28 EET

Also worth reading on this topic is Murray Rothbard's "Toward a Reconstruction of Utility and Welfare Economics." It is refreshingly critical of the concept of revealed preference. Although included in several edited collections over the years, it can easily be googled.

Samuel Bostaph, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Economics
University of Dallas

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."--Winston Churchill