York Institute for Health Research Home Banner

2013 YIHR Student Research Symposium:

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:

Critical Perspectives on the Future of Health

York Institute for Health Research

York University, Keele Campus, Toronto, CANADA

An opportunity to present and exchange health related ideas at a peer-led symposium

The York Institute for Health Research (YIHR) is accepting abstracts for its annual student symposium taking place on Tuesday March 26th, 2013. The YIHR Student Research Symposium fosters students from different disciplines to come together to engage in health-related discussions. In previous years, this event has attracted a top group of innovative cross- disciplinary papers and lively discussion.

The theme for this year’s symposium is Critical Perspectives on the Future of Health to embrace an interdisciplinary discussion on emerging issues and varying contexts that impact the future of health within Canada and internationally. We hope to use this forum as an avenue to share critical perspectives on health care systems, pharmaceutical industry, global health and population health, as well as how the future of health intersects with culture, identity, economy, globalization, environment and governance. Some topics of interest include but are not limited to, social determinants of health, health equity issues, resource sustainability and women’s health.

We encourage graduate and upper year undergraduate students from all disciplines to submit an abstract to Syeda Kabir at [log in to unmask], and Juanita Beaudry @ [log in to unmask] no later than March 4th, 2013. (we are still accepting abstracts)

Submission Guidelines:

Abstract submissions MUST be accompanied by the following:

1.      Name(s) of presenter(s)

2.      Key presenter e-mail address

3.      Title of abstract

4.      Abstract, not exceeding 250 words

5.      A short personal profile (no more than 150 words)

We encourage your participation and attendance to YIHR’s Student Research Symposium. Further information and specific arrangements regarding scheduling will be arranged pending your acceptance of this invitation. A symposium schedule, including presentation topics and times, and the location of the symposium will be posted on the YIHR website (http://www.yorku.ca/yihr/) prior to March 26th, 2013. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

We encourage presentations on research that has an interdisciplinary focus and/or cross-disciplinary implications.