More random thoughts.

How can each conference seem to surpass the previous one?
I'd like to add my voice to those saying how enriching and encouraging it was to have a lively contingent of Japanese Twain scholars participating in the conference, but I'd also like to say that I found the presence of so many international scholars a great boon.  Scholars from England, India, France, Germany, and Hong Kong immediately come to mind.  Retired folks, independent scholars, editors, young up-and-coming scholars--what a rich mix, and all so welcoming. Many legacies, indeed.

Linda Morris