There was a guest blog post at *Scientific American* on August 16 that may
be of interest to list members. It is titled, "Is Economics More Like
History than Physics?" and can be found at this link:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2013/08/16/is-economics-more-like-history-than-physics/

It's only short and is focused on macro as its opening para suggests:

'Is economics like physics, or more like history? Steven Pinker says, “No
sane thinker would try to explain World War I in the language of physics.”
Yet some economists aim close to such craziness.'

Do they? Well I suppose they do. But it is articles like this that make me
think that history is coming back into economics, and not before time.

--

Dr Steven Kates
School of Economics, Finance

Phone: (03) 9925 5878