I was on my way to the bank to mortgage my car so I could send Jocelyn the
money she needed, when it occurred to me several things about her message
are fishy. For example, it contains this curious line: "we had to be in KYIV
(UKRAINE), Philippines for a program." Why would Jocelyn write "Kyiv" for
"Kiev," and what do the Philippines have to do with the Ukraine?

Another fishy thing: If she lost her cell phone, how did she manage to send
an email message to everyone? One final clue: Would anyone sending such a
desperate message bother to sign her name with her middle initial?

My apologies to Jocelyn for not dismissing the ludicrous note instantly.